Day 01: Arequipa – Pampa Cañahuas – Base Camp
Pick up from your hotel at around 8.00 a.m. After 2 hours we will arrive at Aguada Blanca where it is possible to see Vicuñas. 45 minutes later we will be in Pampa Cañahuas, Chachani´s back entrance. After a short break we will walk for around 5 hours to get to base camp which will already have been set up and waiting for our arrival. We will make a stop for a picnic before getting to base camp, when you’ll have a chance to drink a hot beverage or rest until dinner.
Day 02: Base Camp – Cumbre Chacani – Base Camp
02:30 a.m, after a very early breakfast, we’ll begin our ascent to the top of Chachani Volcano (6075 m.o.s.l), it will take us approximately 7 hours. It will then take around 4 hours to come back down to our base camp where we can enjoy a hot drink. Dinner.
Day 03: Base Camp – Arequipa City
We will have breakfast at 07:30 a.m then start descending around 08:30 a.m. We’ll walk around 2 ½ hours until we reach Pampa Cañahuas, then take the bus back to Arequipa.
- Private Sightseeing Transportation.
- Bilingual guide (English or Spanish).
- Full meals (02 breakfasts, 03 Picnics, 02 Dinners).
- Soft drinks (water)
- Full Equipment: 2-person tents (Igloo type), insulators (closed mattress cell), kitchen, lamps, cookware, tableware.
- Porters to carry camping and cooking equipment.
- First aid kit.
- Map and leaflets.
Does not Included:
- Porters for personal items – we can provide one for an extra cost.
- Life insurance against accident or any other type of insurance.
- Personal care items.
- Terminal or airport taxes.
- Additional nights for bad weather.
- Sleeping bag.
We recommend you bring personal items such as crampons, ice axe, poles, sleeping bag, mat, bag, sunglasses for snow, gloves, hat, sunhat (optional)
- It takes at least two weeks to request and receive permission from the appropriate authorities.
- You must be in good physical condition.
- This tour is Via Pampa Cañahuas.
- Daily frequency