Pick up from your hotel in Cusco and transfer to the community. After around an hour and a half’s journey we arrive at the community where we are greeted with flowers and Andean music.
We begin a walk of about 30 minutes to the lower slopes of a mountain where there is an abundance of Achupalla, a spiny plant with many uses; from cooking utensils, baskets, animal fodder, fuel, medicinal uses, and even the larvae that grow in the flowering season can be eaten. We collect the plants and return to the community where we will learn how the spines are removed and begin the processes to produce of all of the items mentioned. We then enjoy a delicious lunch, after which we return to your hotel in Cusco.
- Private transport to and from your hotel.
- Welcome with music and native flowers.
- English or Spanish speaking guide.
- Local interpreter (Spanish and Quechua).
- Walk and activity involving the Achupalla plant.
- Typicl lunch in the community (vegetarian option available on request).
Does not include
- Visit the Archaeological Park of Pisac.
What to bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Sun block.
- Sun hat.
- Rain poncho (in rainy season).
- Extra money to buy souvenirs from the community, a great way to support them.
Other services in the community:
- Family accommodation in rural houses for up to 24 people – includes accommodation and breakfast.
- Rates based on 4 people.