Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the community in the Sacred Valley. On arrival, you will be taken to the cultural interpretation centre (5 mins) where the villagers of Huayllafara will greet you with music and beautiful native flowers, as well as a “T’inka”, or symbolic blessing, thanking the Mother Earth for this new day and the opportunity to share it with brothers and sisters of different cultures.
The visitors will then be invited to join the villagers in the fields to work on whichever agricultural activity is going on at that time of year. Here you will witness first-hand the connection between man and Andean agriculture, a connection that has passed through generations, using traditional tools like the “chaquitaclla”, “cuti”, “lampa” and others.
In the explanation and demonstration of each of the processes we seek to involve the visitor in a direct experience with the Mother Earth or “Pachamama” in order to better understand the relationship the villagers of this community have with the Andean universe that surrounds them.
Lunch of local foods then return to your hotel in Cusco.
- Private transport to and from your hotel.
- Welcome with tyical flowers.
- English or Spanish speking guide.
- Local intrpreter (Spanish and Quechua)
- Agroturism activity in the community.
- Typical lunch in the community (vegetaria option available on request).
Does not included:
- Visit the Archaeological Park of Pisac
You should bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Sun bock.
- Sun hat.
- Rain poncho (in rainy season).
Other services in Huayllafara Community:
Accommodation: 16 beds – 4 rural guest houses.
Restaurant: Dining rooms for the guest houses, maximum capacity 25 people.
Recommended time to visit: Dry season (April to December)
- Rates based on 4 people.