Day 1: Iquitos – Amazon River – Serpentario – Lodge – Airport
We will pick you up from the airport or your hotel in Iquitos, to Bellavista Port, on the way we pass the fascinating vibrant jungle metropolis with historical roots in the rubber boom.
You will be accompanied by a permanent English speaking Guide during your trip. We will board our speedboat for a 45 minute trip up the Nanay and Momon rivers (Note: It is quite possible that you will share the boat trip with other passengers who are entering the lodge at the same time).
On the way we observe the Nanay and Amazon River, you will see the “meeting of the waters” a blending of the Amazon which is brown and Nanay which is black water. Sometimes you can see the pink or gray dolphins.
Visit to Barrio Florido, a small village where you can see Victoria Regia plants, and see a collection of aligators and paiche fish, on the way to the lodge we will visit the Serpentarium, a local Peruvian man has a fine collection of wild animals including Boa and Anaconda snakes, monkeys, jungle cats and sloths.
Upon arrival at the Lodge, we will enjoy a welcome drink . Our Guide will explain the activities and he will give an orientation of the bungalows. Lunch at the Lodge, The Hungry Monkey Restaurant.
After that, we will travel by boat to Piranha Park, a private reserve. It is a place to enjoy nature; there are five lakes, in one of them you can fish piranhas and other fish of the region, take a ride on a cayak; you can observe primates, a great variety of trees with long fibers and medicinal plants; you can see Victoria Regia, considered the largest water lilies; they have large round leaves measuring up to 1 meter in diameter, the flower is up to 40 cm diameter. In this area you can find virgin forest and explore the mysteries of our jungle. Back to Iquitos city.
City tour: You will visit: The Boulevard, The Main Square, The Catholic Cathedral, The cast Iron House. Transfer to the airport or your hotel in Iquitos.
- Transport from the hotel or airport to the port of Bellavista on the Nanay River.
- Boat ride in our own boat to the lodge.
- Transport by boat to the Bora Indian villages and the Serpentarium and back to the port of Bellavista. Transport by our own private bus back to the hotel or to the airport.
- One lunch per person.
- Bottled water from a water fountain next to the bar and swimming pool, fresh fruit juices during breakfast.
- A permanent English speaking guide will be assigned to the tourists during their visit to the lodge and will stay with them until they leave. Guides are available in other languages upon request.
- All tours mentioned in the program are included in the price.
Does not Included:
- Plane tickets.
- Food and drinks in the city of Iquitos.
- All consumption at the bar, which includes bottled soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Services not specified in the program.